Author Archives: Fav
Semi back-packing trip to South Korea with 3 girlfriends.. 6 months planning and finally it went through and yes, it was an awesome holiday this year!
PART 1 – 7-12 April 2016 (Kuala Lumpur-Incheon-Jeju-Busan)
Depart KLIA2 via Air Asia to Incheon at 8:00am flight. We arrived at Incheon around 3:30pm. After immigration and luggage pick-up, went straight to buy T-Money and local sim card. Bought wrong sim card (my phone was with micro sim) and luckily the cashier was so helpful and accepted return goods although I have to top-up another KRW10,000 for the micro sim package of 1GB. I used SKRoaming package. Then bought T-Money and upload KRW20,000. Without the help of my frequent SK traveller’s friends, I would be lost.
Went off to AREX line to go to Gimpo airport ~ take plane to Jeju…flight via Jeju Air at 7:35pm, about 1-hour journey. Arrived in Jeju at 9:30pm. We rented a car at ‘Hertz rent-a-car’..there a coach on standby at arrival to ferry us to their office to collect our car. Rented a KIA Morning car for 6 days, totalled of KRW192,100. Just nice for 4 ladies. 2 friends applied for the international license before our holiday. Staff showed how to use the GPS and some basic road safety in Jeju. Then off we go to our Guesthouse via GPS. Just awesome.
Arrived Lyndon Guesthouse almost to 11pm. The building is only up to 8th floor and our Guesthouse is on 6th Floor. Fortunately there was elevator, and all of us really tired from a long journey. We booked one room with 4 bunk-beds and personal toilet. It’s a nice room although a bit cramp for 4 people.
First Day (8 April 2016)
- Mt. Halassan jungle trekking / trails – This is a must. It’s gorgeous. It’s very popular tourists’ area who loves to see beautiful scenic along the trails. Some pictures that I took on the way up J..spent half-a-day here
- Mysterious Road (Dokkaebi Road) – It’s mysterious because at some part of the road, your killed the ignition and your car will move itself, but only for a short distance. Cool..eat the most delicious spicy fishcake and tangerine at the nearby stall. (Tangerine is one of the signature fruit in Jeju)
- Jongbang Waterfall – We arrived quite late and the place almost closed. So we only spent about 20 minutes at the area. A beautiful waterfall area and the Pacific Ocean scenery were superb.
- Sighseeing to few places around Jeju (Toscana Hotel-owned by our favourite Korean popular singer (Kim Junsu of JYJ), citrus museum, etc.)
- We went back to our guesthouse around 9pm, bought some instant rice from convenient shop. Dinner: kimchi fried rice, fried eggs, canned chicken curry and fried fish in soya sauce that we bought from home.
Second Day (9 April 2016)
- 2 of our friends fly-off to Busan for a concert that evening so just me and another friend to continue our adventure in Jeju.
- PLAY KPOP Digital Park – A venue that displaying the history of K-pop in South Korea, from 80s till 2016 with the latest technology and the tour ends with final showcase of 3D hologram mini concert of selected K-pop singers/groups. Entrance fee: KRW30,000 per pax.
- Teddy Bear Museum – All sort of teddy bears from around the world, the most expensive teddy bear, the first teddy bear, the ugliest, celebrities resemblances, etc. Entrance fee: KRW7,000 per pax.
- Sanbangsan Mountain – We thought it was a field of canola blossom park but wrong. It’s actually famous Buddha temple within the mountain. We stopped by for about 5 minutes for some pictures and off to Monsant Café in Aewol district, further north of Jeju. We found a quite big field of canola flowers at the foot of the mountain and had to pay KRW2,000 to take some pictures. Worth it.
- Monsant Café Aewol – Spent the whole afternoon with coffee and nice view of the sea. Café is owned by one of famous K-pop singer called GDragon of Big Bang group. Café was full with local and tourists at all time and had to wait to a bit for empty seats.
- Back at guesthouse around 8pm due to long journey from the café. Same dinner as on first night but not complaining because the kimchi was so delicious. It’s about eating dinner on cold night and hot & spicy food. Pure delicious.
Third Day (10 April 2016)
- Monsant Café Aewol – Yup, went again because both of us fall in love with the place.
- Nolman Café Aewol – Yes, the famous ‘seafood ramyeon/noodles’ in Jeju. No other menu, just seafood noodles. It was really delicious and fresh. The owner went off to the sea at 5am every morning to catch the seafood for the day’s operations. Went back at noon airport to pick-up our 2 friends from Busan.
- Dongmoon Market – Nothing much to see here, we went actually to buy tangerine but not as what we are looking for like the one we ate at Mysterious Road stall.
- Jeju Cherry Blossom Festival – The festival is at the entrance of Jeju National University. We were hoping to see a whole street with beautiful cherry blossom trees but unfortunately our timing was wrong. It’s the end of cherry blossom season and we only got to see a few trees with almost withered cherry blossom. Met some uni students who were more excited to see us when we said we are from Malaysia. They thought we were students at first haha..
- Dinner at Guesthouse, same menu with additional side dishes J..
Fourth Day (11 April 2016)
- Off to Aewol Jeju for last seafood ramyeon at Nolman Café and coffee at Monsant Café. Official our favourite spot in Jeju. Spent about 1 hour and a half there, said goodbye to the cafes, the sea and the beautiful windy atmosphere. I want to come back.
- We’re off to Osulloc Tea Museum to buy famous green tea and its products. We were lost on our way to Osulloc and by chance we found one of the biggest canola flowers field at the foot of a mountain. It was so pretty and gorgeous with vibrant yellow colour everywhere. Took some pictures and all of us felt very much happy of the discovery.
- Osulloc Tea Museum – Beautiful place. The museum was actually quite small but the place was surrounded by huge field of Green Tea beds and varieties of flowers (roses, canola, daisy, petunia, etc.) The tour finished with a nice café with all sort of Green Tea based drinks and cakes and some gift items. We bought some and especially the Green Tea was very good.
- Doraji Restaurant – For a final night in Jeju, we celebrated dinner at one of famous restaurant, Doraji Sikdang. They serve one of the best grilled fish and spicy steamed fish. Best way to enjoy dinner on the last day.
Fifth Day (12 April 2016)
- Early breakfast as usual. Checked out. Went off to airport to drop our luggage and while 2 friends return the car, me and my other friend waited at the airport. So many Chinese tourists and they are really loud.
- Flight to Busan at 11am so while waiting, we roamed around the shops in the airport and buy some small gift items.
I seriously love Jeju. The island was so beautiful and the people were super nice. Food were awesome, weather was awesome, and we really enjoyed our holiday there. Would love to come again, but next time, I would want to come during autumn or winter season.
Till next time, Busan. Will share some photos in next post.
After long hiatus from my blog, I feel I need to come back and continue to updating it.
In the long year absence, of course many things had happened.
- I moved out from my previous rented condo, to a much cheaper apartment complex with 2 other friends. Been 4 months at the new place, I like it more than the previous ones. More tolerate housemates. Much smaller unit and easy to take care. Most of all, much near to my choice of public transportation, the LRT (Light Rail Transit) to ferry me to my work place, or any favourite hangout places.
- Completed my Company Secretary training with Company Commission of Malaysia. My dream of getting a license getting closer. Yaayyyy..
- Dream trip to South Korea finally came true. Crazy back-packing schedules from Jeju to Busan to Seoul from 7 – 18 April 2016 and I enjoyed every minute of it. Will share my journey later..
- Still haven’t plan my back-packing trip to some part of West Malaysia, although I have been living in Kuala Lumpur for more than 10 years. Well, that will be coming soon. Although I just came back from Penang Island for a week job, and managed to take some time to explore the island with a help of a colleague.
- and etc..etc..etc..
Till next time….
I just need to pen this down here because I just don’t want to forget my first solo trip to Chiang Mai, Thailand. It was a wonderful journey .. and I love every bit of the time I have spent there.
Photos that I took on my phone during my trip…
Since I alone, I took the tour package from the Inn. I took a day tour-package ChiangMai – ChiangRai (Baht900). There are four couples together with me (one couple from Malaysia (yaay), two couples from China (honeymooners & mother-daughter) and one couple from England). The whole experience was just wonderful, except that I forgot to tell them before hand that I’m a Muslim and lunch was arranged at pork restaurant (delicacy of ChiangRai). So, I skipped lunch. It’s ok but yup, I’m super hungry until back to my Inn, cook instant noodles that I bought from home, and grilled prawns at the Night bazaar.. hehehe..
So I finally got my professional certificate in Corporate Secretaryship. Yup, I finally can take up challenge as Secretarial Assistant in dealing with all the nitty gritty tasks of the company secretary of the company. I’m pleased with myself that despite at my age, I can achieve to this far. Normally I just don’t care much and never motivated enough to continue any studies. I just love working and gain knowledge and experience from it.
I don’t think I am capable enough to take this huge steps to become a qualified company secretary. Being an Executive Assistant to the CEO of the company now is enough. Too many work on weekdays. Alas, I never bring work home. I never work on weekend, unless if I’m travelling on business trip. So far, I love my job now.
This is seriously me! LOL..
“The real reason why I started acting is… honestly…” ①
…An artist who made history in Korean popular music stepped into the city of Music, Vienna.
He spent his teen years in achieving his dream of becoming a singer, and the red balloons followed him around for the next 10 years. He is the playful, oldest brother of JYJ, talented vocalist and a charismatic solo artist who commands audiences with a single standing microphone at his packed concerts.
He says he is an early riser; he runs to the fitness center at dawn. The shooting began early in the morning. His cheerful, pleasant voice wakes the morning as the staff busily prepare for the shooting. Let us breath in the music filled morning air of Vienna with the professional, Kim Jaejoong.
Movement 1: History of Austria, Schönbrunn Palace and Artist Kim Jaejoong
Starmedia(S): This is your first visit to Vienna…
View original post 2,686 more words
[PICS] 141204 Bntnews International Facebook Update: More pictorial shots of Kim Jaejoong in Vienna, Austria
I have been living in this metropolitan city for almost 10 years. I have been through so many ups and downs..mostly downs ;(..I’ve been living alone but not quite alone. What does it mean? Yes, when you are alone in big city, renting a whole house is definitely out of question. Unless if you earn higher income and with less commitment back at home-town, which is not in my case *sigh*..until now *longer sigh*. When I first came to Kuala Lumpur from my home-town, Kuching, I came with 1 big luggage and no job. I stayed with my bestfriend for free until I found myself a job. I got my first job at a Travel Agency office as a Secretary to GM-Sales & Marketing with RM1,900.00 (USD575.00) per month. It was in September 2005. Life was a struggle but I’m happy because my bestfriend was there with me. She’s my pillar to stay strong and move on. Then she got married. I had to move out to another place. That’s the start of my adventure in meeting new women, young and old, conservative and not so conservative, etc. as my house mates.
I had encountered wonderful women as my house-mates as well as the worst kind of women. Some of my house-mates were by my choice..office colleagues or friends that we agreed to rent together in a house with another strangers. There were more bad than good, well, in my case. This friend when knowing her as a colleague, was a polite, fun and nice character. Then, when I started to live with her, renting a room (separate room) with a landlady, the truth about came out less than 3 months of staying together. A dirty, lazy and selfish woman. On the outside, she acted innocent, wearing a scarf on her head, speaking in soft manner, but God Almighty, she was really a fucking diva and act like a princess. I loathed that attitude so much! At first, colleagues at the office saying that I was a jealous chubby woman of this sexy girl wearing tight-fitting clothes and vagina shape showing fitted pants to the office while wearing head-scarf. But, yes, God is GREAT, in the end they all know who she is. Honestly, I don’t give a shit because when that happened, I had left the company haha..well, that’s the last time I’m gonna have a friend or office colleague as my house-mate! Lesson learned well.
But then living with a strangers can also be a nightmare. Not your worst nightmare, but still a nightmare nevertheless. As long as the house-mates are selfish, ignorant, greedy, loud, noisy, and acting they own the house, it’s still a problem to live with. Yes, that’s what I’m encountering right now. It does stress me up for awhile but in the end, I just let go and avoid any confrontation as long as they don’t crossing that house-mates boundaries. The other house-mates are complaining..mildly but yeah, in the end, they also just like me..just let them be selfish to everything in the house, ignorant to us that prefer quiet and easy-going house environment, as long as they don’t disturb our peacefulness in our room. But the most I hate right now is the noise, every night when I’m already in bed sleeping, these two room-mates somehow prefer to take late night shower, one by one..20-30 mins each. Because our room connected to a toilet/shower room, the noise is sometimes unbearable. Why the fuck they didn’t take their stupid shower after home from work or at least before 10pm, like other people do! Pppfffff.. Yes, this is selfish! This is ignorant! ..because they are inconsiderate of other people. I always wonder if both of them have hearing problem because they like to close the doors in the house very loud like looking for a fight or something! It’s annoying and sometimes makes me angry. I purposely shut the door as hard or harder just to make my point how annoying it was. They know if I’m angry, I will curse like bitches and they don’t dare to ask me because they know they started it. And funny thing was, they are the one who put up stickers saying ‘please close the door quietly’..irony? Yes, indeed…
O well, in the end, I just let it go. Rather than burden myself of hating and being angry, lets just focus on myself and my wellness. Lets just avoid this kind of people. It makes life much easier. Now, when I’m off to bed, I just put on my earphone and listen to soothing songs by my bias or the sounds of mellow music.
Life is not over by this. It’s a journey for my own betterment. Lets hope I will find a worthy house-mates in the future, if I’m still single, that is. *cries soundly in heart*yes, I’m lonely. sighhhhhh*