Category Archives: Lets Eat & See The World
Semi back-packing trip to South Korea with 3 girlfriends.. 6 months planning and finally it went through and yes, it was an awesome holiday this year!
PART 1 – 7-12 April 2016 (Kuala Lumpur-Incheon-Jeju-Busan)
Depart KLIA2 via Air Asia to Incheon at 8:00am flight. We arrived at Incheon around 3:30pm. After immigration and luggage pick-up, went straight to buy T-Money and local sim card. Bought wrong sim card (my phone was with micro sim) and luckily the cashier was so helpful and accepted return goods although I have to top-up another KRW10,000 for the micro sim package of 1GB. I used SKRoaming package. Then bought T-Money and upload KRW20,000. Without the help of my frequent SK traveller’s friends, I would be lost.
Went off to AREX line to go to Gimpo airport ~ take plane to Jeju…flight via Jeju Air at 7:35pm, about 1-hour journey. Arrived in Jeju at 9:30pm. We rented a car at ‘Hertz rent-a-car’..there a coach on standby at arrival to ferry us to their office to collect our car. Rented a KIA Morning car for 6 days, totalled of KRW192,100. Just nice for 4 ladies. 2 friends applied for the international license before our holiday. Staff showed how to use the GPS and some basic road safety in Jeju. Then off we go to our Guesthouse via GPS. Just awesome.
Arrived Lyndon Guesthouse almost to 11pm. The building is only up to 8th floor and our Guesthouse is on 6th Floor. Fortunately there was elevator, and all of us really tired from a long journey. We booked one room with 4 bunk-beds and personal toilet. It’s a nice room although a bit cramp for 4 people.
First Day (8 April 2016)
- Mt. Halassan jungle trekking / trails – This is a must. It’s gorgeous. It’s very popular tourists’ area who loves to see beautiful scenic along the trails. Some pictures that I took on the way up J..spent half-a-day here
- Mysterious Road (Dokkaebi Road) – It’s mysterious because at some part of the road, your killed the ignition and your car will move itself, but only for a short distance. Cool..eat the most delicious spicy fishcake and tangerine at the nearby stall. (Tangerine is one of the signature fruit in Jeju)
- Jongbang Waterfall – We arrived quite late and the place almost closed. So we only spent about 20 minutes at the area. A beautiful waterfall area and the Pacific Ocean scenery were superb.
- Sighseeing to few places around Jeju (Toscana Hotel-owned by our favourite Korean popular singer (Kim Junsu of JYJ), citrus museum, etc.)
- We went back to our guesthouse around 9pm, bought some instant rice from convenient shop. Dinner: kimchi fried rice, fried eggs, canned chicken curry and fried fish in soya sauce that we bought from home.
Second Day (9 April 2016)
- 2 of our friends fly-off to Busan for a concert that evening so just me and another friend to continue our adventure in Jeju.
- PLAY KPOP Digital Park – A venue that displaying the history of K-pop in South Korea, from 80s till 2016 with the latest technology and the tour ends with final showcase of 3D hologram mini concert of selected K-pop singers/groups. Entrance fee: KRW30,000 per pax.
- Teddy Bear Museum – All sort of teddy bears from around the world, the most expensive teddy bear, the first teddy bear, the ugliest, celebrities resemblances, etc. Entrance fee: KRW7,000 per pax.
- Sanbangsan Mountain – We thought it was a field of canola blossom park but wrong. It’s actually famous Buddha temple within the mountain. We stopped by for about 5 minutes for some pictures and off to Monsant Café in Aewol district, further north of Jeju. We found a quite big field of canola flowers at the foot of the mountain and had to pay KRW2,000 to take some pictures. Worth it.
- Monsant Café Aewol – Spent the whole afternoon with coffee and nice view of the sea. Café is owned by one of famous K-pop singer called GDragon of Big Bang group. Café was full with local and tourists at all time and had to wait to a bit for empty seats.
- Back at guesthouse around 8pm due to long journey from the café. Same dinner as on first night but not complaining because the kimchi was so delicious. It’s about eating dinner on cold night and hot & spicy food. Pure delicious.
Third Day (10 April 2016)
- Monsant Café Aewol – Yup, went again because both of us fall in love with the place.
- Nolman Café Aewol – Yes, the famous ‘seafood ramyeon/noodles’ in Jeju. No other menu, just seafood noodles. It was really delicious and fresh. The owner went off to the sea at 5am every morning to catch the seafood for the day’s operations. Went back at noon airport to pick-up our 2 friends from Busan.
- Dongmoon Market – Nothing much to see here, we went actually to buy tangerine but not as what we are looking for like the one we ate at Mysterious Road stall.
- Jeju Cherry Blossom Festival – The festival is at the entrance of Jeju National University. We were hoping to see a whole street with beautiful cherry blossom trees but unfortunately our timing was wrong. It’s the end of cherry blossom season and we only got to see a few trees with almost withered cherry blossom. Met some uni students who were more excited to see us when we said we are from Malaysia. They thought we were students at first haha..
- Dinner at Guesthouse, same menu with additional side dishes J..
Fourth Day (11 April 2016)
- Off to Aewol Jeju for last seafood ramyeon at Nolman Café and coffee at Monsant Café. Official our favourite spot in Jeju. Spent about 1 hour and a half there, said goodbye to the cafes, the sea and the beautiful windy atmosphere. I want to come back.
- We’re off to Osulloc Tea Museum to buy famous green tea and its products. We were lost on our way to Osulloc and by chance we found one of the biggest canola flowers field at the foot of a mountain. It was so pretty and gorgeous with vibrant yellow colour everywhere. Took some pictures and all of us felt very much happy of the discovery.
- Osulloc Tea Museum – Beautiful place. The museum was actually quite small but the place was surrounded by huge field of Green Tea beds and varieties of flowers (roses, canola, daisy, petunia, etc.) The tour finished with a nice café with all sort of Green Tea based drinks and cakes and some gift items. We bought some and especially the Green Tea was very good.
- Doraji Restaurant – For a final night in Jeju, we celebrated dinner at one of famous restaurant, Doraji Sikdang. They serve one of the best grilled fish and spicy steamed fish. Best way to enjoy dinner on the last day.
Fifth Day (12 April 2016)
- Early breakfast as usual. Checked out. Went off to airport to drop our luggage and while 2 friends return the car, me and my other friend waited at the airport. So many Chinese tourists and they are really loud.
- Flight to Busan at 11am so while waiting, we roamed around the shops in the airport and buy some small gift items.
I seriously love Jeju. The island was so beautiful and the people were super nice. Food were awesome, weather was awesome, and we really enjoyed our holiday there. Would love to come again, but next time, I would want to come during autumn or winter season.
Till next time, Busan. Will share some photos in next post.
I just need to pen this down here because I just don’t want to forget my first solo trip to Chiang Mai, Thailand. It was a wonderful journey .. and I love every bit of the time I have spent there.
Photos that I took on my phone during my trip…
Since I alone, I took the tour package from the Inn. I took a day tour-package ChiangMai – ChiangRai (Baht900). There are four couples together with me (one couple from Malaysia (yaay), two couples from China (honeymooners & mother-daughter) and one couple from England). The whole experience was just wonderful, except that I forgot to tell them before hand that I’m a Muslim and lunch was arranged at pork restaurant (delicacy of ChiangRai). So, I skipped lunch. It’s ok but yup, I’m super hungry until back to my Inn, cook instant noodles that I bought from home, and grilled prawns at the Night bazaar.. hehehe..
Some I made myself..some eat out with friend.
New BBQ Chicken restaurant in town. Menu more variety with combo of korean/western recipe. Delicious altho I prefer spicy korean chicken than the one I tried, chicken stirfry with black soya sauce.
This is my local famous Sarawak porridge type. Mom’s cook. Its full with different types of local vegetables, prawns, wild mushroom, peanuts that cook with special blend homemade spices.
Just pancakes for lazy me..hehe. But sometimes I wish I can make ‘expensive’ food with elegant presentation like this one.
I wonder when I can be this creative coz all the food I made just can be easily pour in the plate or bowl and ready for eat. I have zero presentation skills..huhu
Beef pie accompanied with mashed potatoes and mashed peas..yummyyyy…
I had it with my friend at Marmalade Cafe in Bangsar Village last weekend. My first time perception..I love the decoration and color combo..it makes the small cafe bright and cheerful.
We were rushing so only spent about 30mins or so..I’ll come back of course because I have not try the other food^___^
So at home was kinda hungry on one boring Sunday…thinking what to cook..lazy to go out..lazy to buy raw food..look in the freezer..only squids left…so what else..lets cook curry sqiuds with boiled eggs..
What do you know…its yummy with hot steamed rice^__^
This journey was one of the ‘dream-come-true’ journeys that I had this year! Can I scream now? Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa…
It’s been a week and although I’m already passed the ‘cloud 9’ stage, I think I’m still in a daze, and please apologize if my journal might be a bit messy here and there..hehe
Myself and five other girls reached Soekarno international Airport slightly after 6:00pm local time. Taking time through the immigration and collecting our luggage and buying local SIM card data package took a good one hour. Met @rin, @lyn and other Indonesian JYJ fans..we chit-chat and get to know each other. It was super great because these are people that I met online and we all just like old friends..talking, laughing, and nervously waiting for KJJ to arrive. A bit later we went to the Exit gate that KJJ will to go through.
They put out the welcome banner, one on each side..the above was on the other side that I took. YJS came a bit later in a group and started chanting those words. JYJ/KJJ fans chant much louder “Kim Jaejoong!Kim Jaejoong!Kim Jaejoong!” It was awesome. A fight almost happened because YJ side provocation but it was immediately under control. Those freaks!! I just really want to wall-face them one by one! A friend told me that the YJ followers mostly teenagers with one adult acted as leader. I just hope she took pictures, but she didn’t. I was standing on the same side with those freaks so I didn’t see them.
Finally KJJ came out and he already looked pale and seriously sick 😦 😦 He walked straight without looking up. It was okay when he passed by us and then fans especially those YJS started to push around but of course, his two handsome bodyguards 🙂 protecting him, along with the local hired security crew. Although it was briefed by the security not to shout and to behave, well in the end, fans failed to keep good space for him to enter the car!
We came early to the venue Mata Elang International Stadium (MEIS) and while waiting for organizer/promoter to do setting up, we hang around at the restaurant nearby. I got my banner towel and Iphone case ^__^..but hot selling item was the light-stick. I was told that a Japanese fan bought all the light-sticks available. Means those behind her are not getting any. But it’s not fair to the rest of fans. Promoter should just tell the maximum amount one fan can buy so others can buy too!
We hang around at the venue until time to go in. It was long queue but quite fast. The security checked all the bags and I saw a lot of water bottles on the side. My friend refused to surrender her water tumbler, she drank all the water in it and she was like taking it one-go I almost thought she could be choking hehe..and the security was trying not to laugh his eyes twitched. I was trying to be cool and smile but in my heart, I was like ‘buahahahaha’. We waited about 15-20 mins before the FM starts. He came out with yellow sweater (Marc Jacob) but I tell you, he wore it just nice. For someone who is really sick, he looks as gorgeous as usual. During event, he smile less that night. I think this FM, he didn’t smile much, except during photography and high5 session. I can understand that with that kind of fever and cold, he has to endure it all and with his high-spirit to see us, his fans, I really respect him. With a 40 degree fever, he could just collapse anytime but you know, he never give in, not for at least 2-3 hours that he’s there with us. His expression during his apology letter says it all. The MC voice and his face on the screen, it’s really heartbreaking for all of us there.
Photogrid thanks to dearie @chewyalmond^^..to see him making extra effort to smile despite his fever, it hard for me to watch him because he should be lying in bed, resting, listen to light music and sleep 24hours straight to gain his strength and recover faster. After the apology letter, he sat on the red sofa and a very straight forward program commences. He speaks (well, Ipad texting) not as much..it was more of showing ‘behind the scene’ Codename: Jackal, 5 top selection scenes in ‘Dr Jin’ and ‘Protect The Boss’. Normally he sang to his fans in all his fan meeting, but this time, due to his voice-loss, we sang for him, ‘Living Like A Dream’. As much as we really want to hear his voice, I think all of us feel kind of intimate with him because we sang for him..all in one voice, synchronized and some were even crying while singing for him. He didn’t even turn around to face us after the song ended, even when the MC requested him too.
Questions and answers were funny at some parts. He wrote the answers fast..and deleted it faster too hahaha..I like the part when MC asked if he ever fall in love with the actress that he work with, of which he answered he did have a crush to one of the female staffs! Gosh, I hope those YJ freaks realized that KJJ fall-in-love with a woman! He is a real man! The one they been delusional fantasizing are just plain delusional stupid!! When the MC asked him whether he likes to drink or not..even before he wrote the answer, I can hear fans chants ‘yessss’…then on the ipad he just put ‘^____________^’..how cute was that!!?? Oh Jaejoong, even being sick you still being cute..*love.love.love*
I seated about 4 rows from him during the photography session and when he walked by to his chair, those few seconds just enough to be mesmerized by his handsomeness and paleness hehe..vampire, anime character, porcelain skin~whatever terms we use for him, YES, he is all of that! He is tall (5’11’). He is skinny. He is super eye-candy. He is polite. He is calm. He is ONE IN A MILLION!
Finally the FM ends. Doesn’t feel like 2 hours ++..not enough. Greedy? Yes, for me to finally see him after idolizing him since 2010, I’m so greedy to see him longer, hear his voice, hear his laughter, hear his cheekiness, watch is boyish naughtiness, watch him bonding with his fans and those lucky ones that can play games with him, take picture with him, and a lot more!!
Another best thing during this FM, I met new friends and I have a wonderful time with everyone. Some hiccups can be forgotten. It’s nothing compare to the great time that I had. Someday, God willing, I want to see all three of them on stage. That I want! 🙂 🙂 🙂
After 4 years, I am back to Jakarta for a short break with friends. Well the main reason to be there was to meet and see world star korean artist, Kim JaeJoong!
I missed Jakarta. Its a gorgeous city with so many similarity with Kuala Lumpur but what I miss especially is my favourite ‘Nasi Ayam Penyet’..simply delicious^^..but I did not manage to eat it this time because of time and places we went don’t have in their menu 😦
But I did try other food tho..hehe
Nasi Ayam Hainan (Hainan Chicken Rice) served a bit different from our local Malaysia..its a bit dry but I like the soup. We tasted some dimsum with prawn filling..yummy^^
The spring rolls were filled with chicken meat..no minced carrots or beansprouts and its not too bad although I preferred all mixed together in my spring rolls:-)
Me and two friends stayed at Aston Marina Jakarta..it look a bit like Penang Island and still a lot of development going on. View from our room.
Food was good at the hotel. Breakfast not so widely spread and more to western selections. Well for me, I will always take omelette with croissant for breakfast when on holiday..haha
Before we leave for airport, we just had to try the ala carte keke..so I tried the Fried Rice. Its good^_^♥♥
So long Jakarta…till we meet again. I missed my new friends already huhu….
Having wonderful lunch with a friend at TGIFriday the other day. Haven’t been there for more than 2 years..suddenly have the urge to eat there hehe…
After 2 years food selection still the same..only layout of the menu change heheh
My favourite chix wing ♥ yum yum yum
Mushroom soup ~ not so good! Tasted so ‘instant’..campbell soup much tastier..cheh!!
My main course..steak with pepper sauce..delicious as usual^__^…the spagetti also delicious
Ordered brownie with ice cream as dessert but too full to take anymore bites so had to take it away..it was too tempting it finishes before we reach home hahaha…
The next time I going…hmm maybe not too soon keke..because its too expensive for me, my wallet going to cry..;-)
Ooo I was really lucky because able to go to Istanbul and what’s made it much memorable it was during tulips blooming..it was gorgeous..gorgeous..gorgeous 🙂 🙂
Just looking at those vibrant colors makes me want to dive in it hahaha…
Honestly it was my first time seeing tulips garden and it think where someone lives in a country that can grow tulips and carnations are very lucky indeed^__^…oh and the ones that lives where sakura blooms;)
Just look at those cuties…having great time with friends at that age was the best *ahhhh those were the days..*
I wish I could bring it home but 10 hours journey back to Kuala Lumpur..hmm I preferred to remember my tulips while its blooming beautifully rather than withered when I open it back home heheh…
But one thing that makes me screaming with joy was when I found this little big fella 🙂
Look at him ~ lazed around on those cushions with poker face haha..omomo I really want to hug and kiss him but didn’t dare‥but I managed to stroke him a bit ^_^
Another wish came true ^_______^
This is entrance of the floating market that I went visiting with my girlfriends on my short trip to Bangkok..its about 30 mins by taxi but our taxi driver was not familiar with the area it took us about 45 mins heheh..We had breakfast at the hotel before we came so imagine how frustrated as we cannot try a lot of local food because we ate a lot at the hotel 😦 😦
Customers actually sit themselves at the floated seating area while food were bought from ‘aunties’ that sit in the small boats along the floating area.
Look at the fish…it was a big as my arms hehe..and some of the local throw bits of breads as food and the fishes will flock around it..its amazing! Just amazing!
Anyhow we managed to taste the grilled king prawns with spicy sos..oh my it was really delicious^___^
Next time I going to Bangkok, I’m going to make sure I skip my breakfast before going to Taling float market huhu…
Also along the way to the entrance were more stalls (blue roof) that sell various things like food, flowers, herbs, local gifts, etc.
Argghhh wish I could go again in the near future….grilled king prawn..grilled king prawn..grilled king prawn..*wipe saliva* haha